Dark eye makeup will be used with a touch of silver to the inner corners of the eyes to add depth to the design. There will be definition to the brows and cheekbones however the makeup design will be bold and have a simple finish. The hair for this design would have a straight block fringe, a high pony tail with lots of volume.
As this look is inspired by the Lipstick G lipstick range the main colour within the makeup design are a black and grey smokey eye with a touch of silver with black lips. The rest of the makeup design will be natural, I don't want the face to seem to sculpted with highlighting and contouring so these techniques are going to be kept minimal.
Within the Lipstick G lipstick range there are seven shades that can be brought on Beauty Bay online by pressing here (link to beauty bay) pricing from £16.10 - £23. These shades are Glitter Silver, Glitter Gold, Glitter Black, Powder Pink, Paris Pink, Rose Pink & Valencia.
'Perfect worn alone for a subtle wash of colour with a shot of sparkle or layering over other lip colours to add a touch of glitz to bolder colour, Lipstick G is enriched with natural Botanical Oils and Pearlescent Particles which keep the lips beautifully hydrated with an iridescent finish whilst Vitamin C and Antioxidants such as Grape Seed Oil shield the lips from free radical damage.'
Mood board for this design
Products used to create this look:
- Kroylan foundation pallet, dermacolour concealer pallet & Ben Nye neutral set loose powder
- Clinique up-lighting liquid on cheek bones
- Benefire high beam to highlight brow bone
- Illamasqua Diobey to contour nose
- Inglot beige eye shwod to highlight down the nose, cupids bow and brow bone
- Laura Mercier fair brow definer in brows with Kryolan brown eye shadow
- Illamasqua Glinte & Writhe to contour the cheeks and forehead
- Illamassqua gel liner
- Krolan grey eye shadow to blend crease/smokey eye
- Inglot black eyeshadow on eye lids/smokey eye
- Illamasqua Surge liquid metal inner corners of eyes
- MAC black pencil to fill lips
- MAC black lipmix onto lips
- Eylure full lashes and duo
- Section the fringe and hold in place with a sectioning clip.
- Create two pony tails in the back centre of the head, the first pony quite high on the head and the other just below.
- Spray heat protection spray into the hair.
- Spray gel spray into the hair and barrel curl all the hair in the pony tails and use long silver sectioning clips to hold the curls into place.
- Allow the hair to cool and then brush the hair out, backcomb some sections as desired and apply Vitapointe into the hair to control the hair. the ends should be slightly curled.
- Straighten the fringe to frame the face.
- Finish with hair spray.
I practiced this hair style on my dolls head and I found that the hair was too short, therefore the pony tail was not long enough. For the shoot I shouldn't have this problem because my models hair is a lot longer than the dolls head.