Below is a copy of the chosen mood board for my final design and there are images and practice of the final hair and makeup design.
Makeup mood board
This makeup mood board represents colour and shape that I have chosen for the final makeup design for the timed assessment.
Hair mood board
- Blue Supracolour
- Inglot blue eye shadow
- MAC blue eye shadow x2
- The Body Shop highglighter
- Clinque up lighting
- Ben Nye translucent powder
- MAC brown pencil
- Orange tone Inglot blusher
- Stargazer misty eye shadow dust
- Katy Perry false lashes & DUO
- LC149 Kryolan lipstick
- MAC white pencil
- Prep and moisturise the face.
- Apply blue Supracolour to eye lid and below the eyes.
- Inglot blue eye shadow over the top, MAC pallet darker shade of blue blended in outer corners. Also under the eyes.
- Mix foundation with Bodyshop highlighter and apply to face and down the neck.
- Single MAC eye shadow blended in the crease and outer corners of eyes blending to the hairline.
- Highlight cheekbones and dot down the nose & at the cupids bow with Bodyshop highlighter.
- Clinque up lighting contour down sides of nose and down the cheeks.
- Powder the face with Ben Nye translucent set powder.
- Brush brows up, use MAC brown pencil to define shape and then use gel to hold brows in place.
- Third Inglot blusher used widely down the contour area of the face.
- Stargazer misty eye shadow dust to blend colour between eyes and cheeks (also as a highlighter)
- Apply eye lashes and mascara.
- LC149 Kryolan lipstick all over the lips creating a cupids bow, apply Vaseline over the top.
- Apply MAC white pencil to the waterline.
- Heat protection – to protect the hair
- Serum – to smooth top section of hair
- Cripmers – to create texture in parts of the hair
- Hair grips.
- Pintail comb – for backcombing and smoothing
- 4 elastic bands – to secture ends of plaits
- Sectioning clips
- Hairspray – to hold/finish style.
- Section a horse show section at the top of the head and use sectioning clips to hold this section in place for now.
- Create two inverted chunky plaits at either side of the head, above the ears. Use the end of your pintail comb to create neat sections. Stop creating the chunky french plait when you just go past the back of the ears & plait until you reach the ends of the hair, use the small elastic bands to hold the hair in place.
- Create padding in the top section of the hair using your pintail comb. Add serum into the top layer of hair and smooth the hair into the desired shape and use grips to old the hair in place.
- Use the crimpers to create texture in the top layers of hair that can be seen. Ensure the back section of the hair is gradually crimped from the ends like in the picture shown below.
- Spray the hair with hairspray to finish the style.